Saturday, December 10, 2011

Art-Themed Birthday


Today was Danjela's birthday party for her friends (and also her actual birthday!)  I'll send more pictures later of the party itself and her birthday breakfast celebration, but I wanted to share some pictures of the theme that we did. 

For her "family" party tomorrow (with our military family), I'll have a "canvas & paint palette" cake.  (At least I hope too!  I just hope the fondant will cooperate!)


The tablecloth is a bedsheet that I splattered paint all over and then covered it with a plastic drop cloth
Cupcakes were "paint splotches" on plastic paint palettes.
Additional decorations were miniature kids' art books and a Happy Birthday canvas personally painted by Chippy the Elf.





I had three art "stations" set up for crafts.  One station was "color your own" plastic cups.  One station was "personalize your own Christmas ornament" and the third station was "create a masterpiece" where I had canvases and paint and let the kids paint their own creations.

For a game, we played "drop the crayon" where they had to hold a crayon by their noses and drop it into a plastic party cup.

As a bonus, we took each of the kids' pictures by the Christmas tree.  Danjela will include them with her thank you cards.

Overall, it was a great and fun day.  Now on to party #2 tomorrow!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

    © The Belo Blog. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP